The Power of Community
At the heart of what we do, we are a company committed to fostering all things possible in our community, industry and the world around us. Whether through environmental stewardship and sustainable practices or by volunteering our time, expertise and resources to important community or industry organizations, our employees realize the power and spirit of giving back.
Our company and our employees are actively involved in our community and our industry through regular participation in a range of activities, programs and organizations.
We Care is a national program sponsored by Herman Miller and Geiger in association with the Boys and Girls Club of America. Each year in over 20 cities across the country, volunteers from Herman Miller, Geiger and our own company, Workplace Resource, partner with designers and architects to bring 250 – 300 children in the Denver area a day and a season of good cheer by giving them an opportunity to make and give gifts that they might not otherwise be able to afford.
What makes We Care successful is the energy and creativity supplied by participating design firms and sponsors. Gensler, Burkett Design, IA, OZ Architecture and Fentress are among 21 firms and 150 volunteers that have committed to participating. These firms design a holiday craft that could be made by a 5 – 12 year old child and provide volunteers to staff the craft table to assist the children in making their gifts. In addition to crafts, there is face painting, magicians, dinner and of course, Santa Claus. This year the Denver event took place December 4th at the Wilfley Brand of the Boys and Girls Club of Metro Denver located at 4595 Navajo Street, Denver, CO.
Other community organizations we support:
- Rocky Mountain Children’s Law Center
- Project Angel Heart
- Colorado State University College of Applied Human Services
- Denver Kids, Inc.
We believe in knowledge sharing with our industry and our peers. Below is a list of industry organizations we support.
Chambers of Commerce and Other Civic Organizations
- Colorado Springs Chamber of Commerce
- Colorado West Chamber of Commerce
- Denver Chamber of Commerce
- Denver Metro Economic Development Corporation
- Downtown Denver Partnership
- Northern Colorado Chamber of Commerce
- The Greater Cheyenne Chamber of Commerce
- CoreNet Global
- International Facility Management Association
- International Interior Design Association, Rocky Mountain Chapter
- Society for College & University Planning